Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Verse of the Day

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness. Galatians 5:22

Love. Refer to 1 Corinthians Ch. 13 for the definition (no Webster here because the word defines love). We know that "love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things; believes all things; hopes all things; endures all things" according to 1 Corinthians ch. 13

Joy is great happiness. Peace is the absence of hostility, the presence of good will and respect. Patience is to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties. Kindness is the act of charitable behavior towards others. Goodness is really striving to do what is morally right. Faithfulness is loyalty.

I pray often that I will live a life that shows others the fruits of the Spirit in my life. God has truly given me a heart of empathy and love for people. My desire to is to live a life of unquestionable integrity that will show the love that my God has for everyone. I truly would grieve if I felt my actions or words brought pain to someone, and would have to make amends and make it right. By seeking guidance from the Holy Spirit we can live a life that exemplifies the fruits of the Spirit.

No comments: