Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Verse of the Day

Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me, and know my thoughts, and see if there be any wicked way in me. Psalm 139:23

All of us have thoughts that are not pleasing to God. Daily. It's our human nature. These thoughts can creep in from problems at home, or on the job. They can be caused by the person who cuts you off on the road while driving to work, or the person who is short with you at the drive thru line. Friends or family can be short, sometimes mean and testy, or say hurtful things, and this can cause us to have the wrong thoughts.

Regardless of what faces us, we need to constantly try to surrender our thougths to the Lord daily. There have been multiple times where I say "I want my thoughts to be Christ like thoughts" when I am having a not so good day. That works, too. I pray it with a sincere heart, and peace will always come to me if I really let whatever is bothering me go.

In reality, I know that everyday I will be challenged with my thoughts. It's the one thing that attacks me in more ways than anything else. However, I do want God to search me daily, and to put me in check when my thoughts are not coming from Him. He knows my heart, but I truly open it wholy to Him because I want to be more like Christ in my daily walk with life. I have no desire to try to hide anything from Him (even if I could).

No comments: