Thursday, June 14, 2007

Verse of the Day

8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Philippians 3:8-11

I really had a good talk with my mentor last night. It lasted a little longer than normal, but more "God time" is definitely good time. I have this deepening awareness (almost daily it grows) of Christ. Sometimes I am so awed by it all, at other times I feel humbled, and still at other times I am extremely excited to the point that I feel like running and shouting.lol

What I have discovered, though, and continue to discover, is that nothing else matters when it comes to Christ. Literally, everything else pales in comparison to the importance that He plays in my life. One of my comments last night was "I am just along for the ride and plan on enjoying it." Life is like a roller coaster-it has ups and downs, and will be over before you know it. However, I plan on enjoying it by trying to gain better understanding daily of what God has done for me. I truly long to understand what Christ did for me, so that I can fully understand what God wants from me.

No comments: