Thursday, June 7, 2007

Verse of the Day

37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:37-39

I came across this verse this morning, and I realize that life is just funny sometimes. I actually had a good talk last night with my mentor about how much my love for Christ was growing, and about how different I am now versus a couple years ago because of the awareness that I have of Christ in me, and the understanding that I am gaining of the Trinity.

I had a talk with Lorene last night regarding my love for the Lord, and my spiritual growth. The talk was a good talk. I made a comment that nothing nor anyone can compare to the love that I feel for Christ. Without the Lord in my life, I am nothing. I am so dependent on Him. On Jesus. On the Holy Spirit. I would give up anything and everything for Him because nothing can compare to the love that He has for me, and I could never love anyone like I love Him.

In Luke chapter 14 Jesus boldy states that "if anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple." This may seem contradictory to His teachings, because Jesus taught love. However, understand that our love for Him must be so strong, and that He must be the focus and priority of our lives, and that any other love just pales in comparison. Our love and desire to grow in our relationship with Him must far exceed anything else. If it does not, we really need to reevaluate our spiritual life and where we truly stand. We are to take our cross and follow after Him, and we are to do that with joy and love. When we truly love Christ that much, and truly desire to follow his will for our lives, we will be guided down the right path when we give up control.

No comments: