Monday, June 11, 2007

Verse of the Day

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 1 Chronicles 29:11

I am an "outdoorsy" person. By this, I mean if the weather is nice, I typically want to be doing something outside rather than inside. This past weekend was a gorgeous weekend, so of course I wanted to spend time outside.

I actually saw the cicadas (a bunch of them) on Saturday. I visited an arboretum. They were pretty ugly, and extremely loud.lol They were actually swarming some trees, and it was kind of freaky.lol Guess you had to be there.

While walking around and enjoying the outdoors, I truly reflected on God. There were so many different types of a plants, animials and insects, that I truly have to wonder how anyone cannot believe in the majesty of God. I actually was closer to a deer in the wild than I have ever been. He was young (maybe in his second season), and it was really incredible. He was curious, yet timid. His eyes still relfected his youth, yet he had not learned to completely run away from humans. It was pretty amazing.

There were small (and huge) fish. A squirrel was brave enough to be relatively close at one point, and there were lots of insects (and turtles), too.lol There were butterflies and dragonflies that were so colorful, and constantly darting to and fro in search of the next bit of nectar. I must admit that I threw a couple of cicadas to the fish, and they did not last too long once they landed on the water.

All in all the weekend was good, and like always I found ways to strengthen my belief in the Lord.

No comments: