Friday, June 8, 2007

Verse of the Day

18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." John 15:18-19

Today we can often times be hesitant to share our belief in Christ. To say that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and that He is indeed a living God who has risen from the dead. It's almost taboo to mention the name of Jesus Christ, to say I am a Christian. There is something very, very wrong about this attitude. However, we should expect it. Look at what Jesus says in the Bible. If someone loves the world, and lives according to the guidelines of the world, we cannot expect them to love us because we do not belong to the world.

Some people see that as too high of a price to pay, so they choose to live according to the worlds standards while in private professing to be Christians. However, that is not what we are called to do. I know that Jesus has chosen me, and I am not ashamed to say His name or to profess my belief. My love, my gratitude are too great to contain, and I will not deny my Jesus to appease anyone.

No comments: