Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Verse of the Day

1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-5

What a difference a day makes....actually, a few days.lol My vacation was awesome. Sandy, thank you so much girl! I really needed that time of R&R and relfection on life. I honestly feel better than I have felt in a few months. I am tired, but I am really ready for the next chapter of my life...in God's time, and according to his will.

Hope. I had to italicize it in the verses above. We are to rejoice in our sufferings because they produce perserverance and hope. I have so much hope for my future today. I cannot explain it, but I am so excited about my life at this moment. I can't wait to see what the future holds. God truly wants to guide us and direct out lives, and I am truly open to His will and what He has for me.

Now, does hope dissappoint us? I could say yes to this...I hoped my marraige would work when I was going through the troubles, and I hoped my husband would really see God's will. However, free will is the gift and choice that God gives us, and when emotions and logic rule we often ignore the true direction of the Holy Spirit. However, I have no regrets. I really have a better understanding everyday of the Spirit in me (it will still always be a mystery, but I just have this keen awareness that is inexplicable to those who have not surrendered to the Spirit). Because of this awareness that I have, I am so aware of God's love for me, which is just amazing. I know that as I surrender to His will, He will bless me. Even when someone else chooses to ignore God's will, He will take me through that difficult time and I will end up in a better place because I am ready to do His will, and not mine.

I did go through a period where I wanted a divorce, but ultimately God's grace saved me, and I tried to save my marraige. The lesson that I learned is that God is faithful and just, and that He loves me and that when I truly desire and act according to His will, I will be rewarded accordingly. He is so faithful, He loves me, and He has awesome plans for me. I just have to buckle up and enjoy this ride called life. There will be scary moments and sad moments, but ultimately it will all be good.

4 comments:

sandy said...

Mark, Sophie and I enjoyed having you visit us in SC so very much. You deserved that away time for yourself and I noticed such a difference in you at the end of your vacation. You deserve nothing but happiness and peace in your life and if it is God's will, we would love to have you living closer to us!!! We love you very much!!

Sandy (soon to be Mrs. Strickland)

Sandy said...

It began Saturday at the beach. There is something incredible and awesome about the ocean, and the perspective that it can give. I hope to be back down south soon, and I love all of you, too! Thanks so much for the trip!! It gave me a trememdous amount of insight.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you had a great time. I agree, the ocean is incredible and it gives such peace.
If it is god's will, my family will be back in SC soon too.

Sandy said...

You know I am praying for you and that I love you!