Thursday, May 10, 2007

Verse of the Day

9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-11

This chapter really is an excellent chapter. I have read it more than once, and each time I read it there seems to be something new that I learn...that's an amazing thing about reading the Bible daily. You can read something many times, and get something new each time (if you are open to what the Spirit is trying to teach you).

Verse 9 has an amazing message. If we truly love God (and trust me, He will know the difference between those who just say it and those who mean it), He will truly bless us. He wants to bless us. He has plans for us.

Verse 10 emphasizes the importance of really being aware of the Spirit of God. The Spirit is God living in us!! How amazing is that? The Spirit does search all things. Those external factors that affect us, the internal thoughts and such that compromise who we are, and God the Father. The Spirit does not take time off, but is constantly searching all things and really wants to make us aware of the love of God.

Verse 11 really tells us how the Spirit connects us with God the Father. The Spirit within us knows us. He knows our thoughts, our minds, our soul. He also knows the Father. This allows the Spirit to guide us when our thoughts and actions are not in alignment with God's will for out life. However, we must be aware of the Spirit and really listen. For some, it's called intuition, but if one has really experienced the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, it is a deep awareness and connection that cannot be expressed in mere words, but a feeling that can bring a sense of wholeness that could never be achieved otherwise.

As I continue to strive to strengthen my relationship with the Lord, I have this great desire to really understand and do God's will in my life, in all areas. I truly want to surrender each day to Him for His glory. Surrender is not easy, but I am learning that it is the best thing I could ever do for my life because then I will be closer to truly understanding God's plans for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy

You really sumed it all up in this one. Youre right. We cant be truely happy until we know Gods purpose. There will always be something holding us back - unless we have a "purpose". Surrender- is a constant battle between what we want and what God wants. How easy it would be to be programmed to do "Gods Will". If it were that easy, God and his children would never be satisifed. therefore, it must be acheived through love and perserverance. I know- I may seem like I know what Im talking about here, but I really am not there, I only know what is here- through knowing you and your prayers for me. Thanks for the starting me on the right track. Someday, we may meet at the TOP.

Sandy said...

I am just beginning to understand my purpose, and it will be a lifelong process of continually trying to understand the Lord's will to fully understand my purpose. However, the one thing that I do know is that I was put here to help people and to truly empathize with them and love them.

You were on the right track before me, and you have helped me in more ways than you know. Thank you.