Monday, May 14, 2007

Verse of the Day

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Life definitely has its ups and downs and its challenges, that's for sure. Sometimes it seems like we are "taking punches" from all angles, and the only thing we can do is brace ourselves for the next punch. However, I read this verse, and I know that God is faithful. No matter what is pressing me, it will not crush me if I give it to the Lord. No matter how confusing a situation may be, it will not cause me despair if I turn it over to the Lord. No matter how much someone may attack me, I am never alone if I have faith and trust in the Lord. No matter what happens, no matter what the enemy throws my way, I will not be destroyed because I believe God's word.

How comforting these two verses can be if we just trust the Lord's word. His word is the truth. His word is a promise. He is more faithful than we can even begin to fathom. All we have to do is just give the situation to Him. That's what He wants us to do. He wants us to rely on Him because we do have a tendency to screw things up when we rely on ourselves. This week make a concerted effort to hand off your concerns to the Lord. The lifted weight will be a blessing that you cannot imagine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"fight like a butterfly- sting like a bee"

Jessie

mt said...

Sandy- todays blog was in my oppinion the best ever. I actually printed it and even saved it to my computer. wow


thank you

Sandy said...

Thank you. I truly feel humbled.