Thursday, May 24, 2007

Verse of the Day

12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13

This is a continuation of trying to understand the relationship the Spirit (and essentially God) has with us. It is something we will never fully understand this side of Heaven because the Bible says it is a mystery. However, there are different areas which tie things together somewhat.

Yesterday I mentioned the soul, body and Spirit. Today, this verse emphasizes the dividing of the soul and Spirit, joints and marrow. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of God. Notice the emphasis on everything. There is nothing that we can hide from God.

He knows when the Spirit and soul do not have unity, and his word will divide the two better than an unimaginably sharp sword could divide with a cut. The example that the word uses here lets us know that this will be painful when it happens. We cannot expect to have a "happy, happy, joy, joy" feeling when our soul is not aligned with the Spirit, and if we truly desire to live according to God's plans, and not our own, the Spirit must win. However, it will cause us pain. Expect it. Who wants to do something that they are not ready for? Who wants to do something that they don't want to do? I know I don't!! However, I am beginning to realize that if I really want to receive all of God's blessing for me, then what I think I want may not be what's best for me (it definitely is not what's best for me if it is not aligned with God's will).

I have been given a very special gift from the Spirit. A gift from God. Something that I probably would not have chosen for myself at this time in my life. A connection that my Spirit almost aches for, which is really hard for me to grasp. I know that my mind and my emotions would play a "Jonah" and just run, and I am struggling with that thought daily. However, I am learning to just leave it in God's hands and put my trust in Him. I have to accept that all good and perfect things come from Him, and that the confusion comes from the enemy.

Today is the one year anniversary of the date of my divorce. Sometimes I feel such a loss because my marraige did not make it. In approximately 30 minutes, it will be pretty much exactly one year ago when I got the call from my ex-husband telling me that it was done. I had a conversation with him that morning telling him not to do it, that we could make it work, but it was to no avail. My emotions are really not ready for anything right now because I am still hurt. This week I have experienced alot of pain again. However, God's time and ways are definitely not mine, and only the Spirit can truly understand what God wants for me. I just have to completely surrender and then go from there, and to trust that what the Spirit brings my way is what God wants for me....because the Spirit knows the ways, the thoughts of both God and man.

No comments: