Monday, May 21, 2007

Verse of the Day

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me". John 14:6

The more I read the word, the more I realize that there is a definite plan on how to get to the Father (or Heaven). There are many different opinions on how to get to Heaven. Some say good deeds or good works, others say just believe, and there are still more, which could probably take a whole book to discover.

There is one truth that I am sure of. There is a God shaped whole in all of us that longs to be filled with the Spirit. Through the Spirit we are able to truly see Jesus, and then we can truly "get to the Father". However, we have to be Christlike...that is what Jesus is referring to. To be Christlike means to exemplify Christ in our daily walk in life. That can sometimes be so hard, especially when there is life that surrounds us. Life just has a way of messing things up sometimes. It can be very painful and very stressful. However, it can also be very rewarding.

Truthfully, this week will be a hard week for me, but it will pass (like all things). It's just a season that I am going through. I know that I have to rely on the Spirit for guidance, wisdom and love, and rely on the Spirit to fill that "God shaped whole" that I have. This week, I hope that all who read this realize the depth of God's love and rely on Him to fill that void in our life.

No comments: