Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Verse of the Day

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

The blog is late today, but you know what they say..."better late than never". I must say, that when I am posting on my blog I truly look for direction from the Holy Spirit, and today this verse just "spoke to me". That may not make sense to some of you, but I truly think that others will really understand what I mean when I say that.

God truly desires that we turn everything over to him. When we do that, we will succeed. Does that mean we will get everything we want? No way!!

Take note note that this verse does not say we will get whatever our heart desires. Personally, I am grateful that God does not give me whatever I want? Why? Quite simply, what I want more often than not would just sort of screw up my life. It would make things more complicated than it should be, and most of the time would lead me down the path of least resistance (meaning that it's not the path the Lord would have me to take, but it may be the easiest route to take).

How does one define success? Happiness? Money? To me, success exists when I truly know that I am reaching others through Christ. It means living a life of integrity always, and when I fail in that lifestyle making amends quickly. So when God says we will succeed, I do not make the assumption that the success will be just monetary.

No comments: