Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Verse of the Day

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Romans 12:16

This was from a letter that Paul wrote to the Romans (hence it is in the book of Romans). Basically, these were people that may have had a more "means" than the average person of that time. Paul was basically trying to keep them grounded by saying "Hey, you are no better than the next guy, no matter how little money he makes, so make sure you don't think you are too cocky to associate with anyone".

My parents did a good job of pointing out to me that we are all equal as I was growing up. I must say that they did not make alot of money, but we were still more blessed than others. They basically did a good job of making sure that my brothers and I understood the concept of equality. That we were all equally loved by God. All of us. I am grateful that my parents instilled that belief in me, and I try to always keep myself grounded on the fact that I am no better, or worse, than anyone else in God's eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harmony and peace is more important than anything else(that's what the whole world is seeking, but can't find it!)



I did some minor modifications in my blog! have a look at it!!

Sandy said...

I will check it out now. :0)

I wish more people were seeking peace. It seems like some are seeking strife and thrive on it. :(