Monday, July 16, 2007

Verse of the Day

Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. John 4:14

I have a great life. I will admit that I feel truly blessed and am very happy. Do I have bad days, disappointments, etc? Sure, I do. Have I experienced some bad things in my life? Of course. However, God is awesome, and the fulfillment that his son Jesus has given me has enriched my life more than I can possibly express.
I was on vacation Friday and actually spent the day at Six Flags Great America...what a blast. I am a roller coaster junkie! Vertical Velocity and Deja Vu were awesome! I must say hanging horizontal to the ground (way to high to really think about the distance) and looking down and waving at people is definitely a new perspective.lol However, I had this realization that in order to truly live life, we cannot be dictated by fear.

For me, fear can be overcome by having faith in the Lord. This knowing inside, this fulfillment that I have is inexplicable. I will be the first to admit that it's a bit crazy sometimes when I think about it. It goes against some of my educational background, and I truly cannot express in words what the Lord has done for me. I cannot express how I know that the Holy Spirit resides in me...it is something that I feel, that I am so aware of, like being aware of the fact that I have a heart, can feel it's beat, even though I cannot see it.

Anyway, I digress...I had guests visiting from out of town for a few days, and I truly realized how very blessed I am. It's my relationship with the Lord through his son Jesus Christ which has "filled my thirst" and fulfilled my life.

No comments: