Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Verse of the Day

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Sometimes when I have a bad day, I can have the attitude to go with it. I find myself being snappy without cause, and invariably I feel bad if I do that, but I find myself being like that on occasion. However, as I continue to try to grow as a person, I challenge myself to find areas where I need to work on, and strive to improve those areas. This verse really is a challenge to me to watch what I say. It's o.k. if I am having a bad day, or if I get angry about something, or hurt, but I do have to watch what I say in repsonse to those situations.

4 comments:

Calista*Was*Here said...

Watch your language, girl!:)

People around me curse too much, it's unbearable. I'm forced to listen.
But I can chose to open my mouth wisely.
That's the point.

Anonymous said...

Very much, it easy to let thrash come out of one's mouth, but I also regret about it later and feel bad for it!


Happy hump day to you too!(I'm getting a little busy!)

Sandy said...

I know, I know. I am growing, though. This Bible study I am in is awesome, and is a challenge and blessing to me!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! My Rabbi always says if you cannot say Amein... Say Ouch!!! So I have to say Ouch to this one.. My attitude lately is not putting a smile on G-D's face!

Thanks for sharing this
Shalom