Thursday, September 6, 2007

Verse of the Day

What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. Philippians 3:8

When I read this verse, I realize that is how far I have come in my relationship with the Lord. I truly, truly love Him above all other things. He is the most important part of my life, and so surpasses everything else that anything else truly is a loss compared to Jesus. Everything esle truly just pales in comparison to my love for Him. I am so in love with Jesus, so passionate about my salvation, that I could not imagine putting anything else about Him, above His will for my life, which I try to understand through the Holy Spirit (which is Christ in me).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's similar as King Solomon says in The book of Ecclesiastes that "Everything is meaningless"!