Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Verse of the Day

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise. Proverbs11:30

The Bible can oftentimes be confusing. I know. Sometimes I read something, and I find myself really wondering "what did I just read"? I am sure most of you have been there. If you have not, let me know-I can use you as my personal reference.lol

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life. A tree has branches. It's "fruit" yields offspring". If we live a righteous life, our "branches and offspring" will hopefully follow suit. I do not mean your children...I mean anyone you come into contact with. We basically should strive to win souls for the Lord by living a righteous life. That is wisdom.

3 comments:

Calista*Was*Here said...

By living righteous life is the best 'preaching' and the best example we could give!

Anonymous said...

Living a righteous life and therefor setting an example is wise!

Sandy said...

@ Calista...so true. By living righteous and loving others we can be a more effective witness.

@ Josh...that's the kind of wisdome I want for my life!