Thursday, September 13, 2007

Verse of the Day

strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said. Acts 14:22

I am participating in a Bible Study at my church. It began Tuesday night, and will meet every Tuesday night for the next 10 weeks. It's a Beth Moore Bible Study http://www.lifeway.com/lby/ about the fruit of the Holy Spirit in us entitled "Living Beyond Yourself".

There is homework 5 days a week in between the meetings, and each homework has verses to read. This is my first time participating in a Bible Study like this, and I am very excited. The verse today was from the homework, and was a focal verse.

"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God". Jesus stated that to his disciples. We will be despised because he was despised. However, I love the Lord so much, and am so grateful for His son, that I cannot think of a hardship or sacrifice that would be too much compared to eternity with Him. There are many that pay the ultimate sacrifice of their own life, and I know for them, just like Paul mentioned, "To die is Christ". They are with Jesus. Today, I pray for those who are spreading the word in areas of the world where freedom is just a word in the dictionary, where Christian persecution is normal. I pray for their safety, and I thank God that they are out there spreading His word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the studies and Happy hump day to you too!

Calista*Was*Here said...

I like your Jeremiah favorite verse.
It is so uplifting and gives hope.