Monday, September 10, 2007

Verse of the Day

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3

Have you ever prayed desperately for something and the prayer did not get answered? I know I have. However, what I have learned is that when I ask, when I sincerely pray for God's will to be done, that is what happens. It may not be my first choice, may not even be what I am praying for; however, I always pray that God's will is done because I know that is the best option for me time and again. I have just had to yield control, which can be difficult at times.

3 comments:

vivek said...

thanks for the compliment on the BOTD award :)

Vivek @ The Red Pencil

Anonymous said...

God's will might not seen right to the human mind, but that is the best thing to happen.



Obesity is very much prevalent here. Even among youngsters. I'm very much vigilant about it!lol

Calista*Was*Here said...

"...you may spend what you get on your pleasures."
Of course!
What else! :)))

Someone could get impression if he/she prays 'well' he/she is qualified to get something. Yes! Sometimes.

But there are some people who never pray, never cry up to God and still get what they want!
This is one of life mystery.

My conclusion:
Everything is in God's hands and He does as He pleases.
Prayer, whatever we ask for, is good for us, because it changes our character and brings us closer to God.