Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Verse of the Day

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 1 John 4:16

The one thing that drawing closer to the Lord has made me realize is how much He actually loves me. How much He loves all of us. I cannot express how much comfort that has given me during difficult circumstances. I truly desire to live my life for God because I do have the Spirit in me, which is Christ in me.

Early this morning I got an alarming email from a very dear friend. She is not a born again believer. She was thinking about suicide for personal reasons I won't disclose. I tried to call and email her several times with no response, so I made a decision to visit her. She broke down, but after just some time, love and patience she finally started to come out of it. I was able to pray with her before I left. She does not know that peace and joy that the Lord can bring, and I am trying to be a witness to her. I do pray that she will truly understand that God is love.

2 comments:

Calista*Was*Here said...

God is Love!
We receive love from God, then we are ready to share it.

God sent you to comfort your friend.

Sandy said...

I pray for her daily.