Friday, September 14, 2007

Verse of the Day

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Luke 12:22-23

I have to say that when I was a teenager I was fashion conscious. I wanted to wear the "in" clothes. I still like to dress nicely. However, I have learned that it's truly not about what I wear, and I really don't need to worry about all of that. God always supplies my needs. The teenagers today (at least the few that I happen to be around) are so much more into fashion than I ever was, and the brands that are "in" today are very expensive.

Food...I love trying new foods, but so many people really almost worship food. Gluttony is prevelant in the US, and obesity is at epic proportions. I sometimes just want to shake people and say "this is so unhealthy"!!! It's amazing really, that people seem to have an almost worship of food. Once again, we are not supposed to become absorbed in food...God will provide food, clothing and shelter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many are too worried about what will happen in the evening(when it is morning)!


Happy weekend to you! :)

Calista*Was*Here said...

God will provide...
Yes, but I must say, I always think about food, shelter and clothing.
Probably it's in our nature.

Ammaro said...

its a sickness all over the world; obesity, and the love of food. its getting to a ridiculous point...

Sandy said...

@ Joel...so true!

@ calista...our nature can often be our enemy.

@ ammaro...it is all over the world, and it's very sad.