Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Verse of the Day

1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:1-2

Reading this, some may say what do you know about being a prisoner for the Lord? Have I been locked up in jail for my beliefs? No. However, I am a prisoner because of His love for me, because of my love for Him. He is my reason for breathing, my passion for life, my savior, my God. He is my Jehovah Jireh, my Abba Father, and I have to have Him in my life. My desire to live for Him, to really live for Him, overshadows everything else in my life, to the point that I am a more than willing prisoner of this love that I have for the Lord.

Galatians ch. 5 and 1 Cor. ch. 13 talk about patience, love, etc. Gal. ch. 5 defines the "Fruits of the Spirit". 1 Cor. ch. 13 "defines" love. I so need to remind myself daily, multiple times everyday, even, that I need to be humble, that I need to be gentle, and that I need to show love to others. My prayer for myself today is that I would be a witness for the Lord with just my attitude and actions. It's a work in process, that's for sure, but I know that all things are possible with the Lord on my side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good prayer to make. May God grant you your desires :)



Hump day?!?(I'll do a google search i guess!)

Anonymous said...

Okay! Happy Hump day! :D