Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Verse of the Day

"In your anger do not sin". Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry. Ephesians 4:26

Who can honestly say that they have never been angry at another person? I know I have been angry more than my fair share of times. The Bible does not say "do not be angry"...as a matter of fact, it's o.k. to be angry.

What does it mean to not sin in your anger? How can we accomplish that? Despite the fact that we get angry, we are supposed to still do unto others as Jesus would do unto them. Let's face it, dysfunction is such a normal part of many people's lives today, that doing unto others as we would have others do unto is may not be the right choice. However, keep in mind that we are supposed to have Christ-like actions as Christians. To accomplish that we need Christ to be in us.

Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry. The few long (very long term) successful marriages that I am aware of have a common theme of respect, and also to not go to be angry. It's a good idea to forgive before we go to bed, and to let things go. However, if you are having a hard time letting go of some anger regarding a certain issue, then stay up all night and meditate and pray on it. You will be better for it.

Just keep in mind that anger, if not treated properly, can lead to bitterness and heartache.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for your comment on the blog award. I've looked through your blog and really enjoy some of the biblical quotes that you've used! These are good for me as I start my day or come home after work.

Keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

Anger is one letter short of Danger!


And Golf?!? Ugh, maybe I'll try something else!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Maybe.....I'll learn breathing exercises :)