Thursday, August 9, 2007

Verse of the Day

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

What does it mean to be exalted? It means to be elevated-basically an elevated position. For instance, a king of a nation, or a President, can be considered an exalted position. However, God will be exalted among the nations, in the earth. It will happen. There will be a time when every knee will bow and every tongue will confess. There is not doubt in my mind that this time will come.

Be still-how hard is that? Sometimes my life seems chaotic at best. I have such a crazy schedule sometimes.lol I am a person who would love to get 8 hours of sleep a night, but sometimes I do good to get 5 or 6 (like last night, for example, or Monday night, for another example). :) My own fault, though. I do realize that I have to make a conscious choice to just step back from life sometimes and just meditate on the word and in prayer. To really try to listen to God, and understand and know that He is God, and He is in control (if I just step back and let go, it makes my life go much smoother). So, despite the crazy busy schedule I am going to have the next couple of weeks, I do have to be still and focus on God. Then, all is good and I can enjoy the ride that is my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it is important to exalt God than everything else in our lives. God should be our first priority.


October gives me a bad feeling since I'll have my university examinations at the end of October :o

Sandy said...

Exams in October...my sentiments.

Anonymous said...

ugh! I guess it's nothing to worry about! ;)


A happy weekend to you(have a hearty rest) :)