Monday, August 13, 2007

Verse of the Day

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

I am a "righty". However, I will admit that I can be a swing hitter when it comes to softball, and when putting I sometimes do better with my left hand than my right....go figure. I have even dabbled in writing with my left hand; however, I am not ambidextrous by any means, and therefore I am dependent upon my right hand. (I also drive a stick shift, so I need both for that).

This is a Psalm written by David. David was very poetic, and very emotional. However, despite the human side to him, he had a very close relationship with God because he truly had a heart for the Lord. Despite some unwise choices he made, he truly desired to do the Lord's will, and when he deviated he repented.

The Lord should be my right hand; however, He should also be so much more. He is more important to me than the very air I breath. My life without Him would be a lost, floundering existence at best, where I would question everything, and really have faith in nothing. I would possibly have trust, but I would probably lack faith. So, not only is He my right hand, but I do know that without God in my life I have nothing, I am nothing. He completes my life in a way that I cannot describe, and He challenges me to be a better peron, a better me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I've mastered to use my left foot in soccer, and can't write with my left hand.


Good realization to make God our right hand(as the psalmist said).