Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Verse of the Day

For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisers make victory sure. Proverbs 11:14

I have a spiritual mentor that I visit with on a weekly basis. Well, I visit with her most weeks. The exceptions are when I travel, or health reasons. However, this has been a consistent routine in my life for over 2 years now. She is truly a Spirit filled woman, and has grace that overflows. Her life, her actions and her attitude truly exemplify the fruits of the Spirit.

I will say that I struggle daily to try to do God's will, and I fail daily. However, her guidance has helped me more than I can possibly express. I know that I will stumble, sometimes daily, but by making sure I have some sort of spiritual mentor in my life to help guide me, to pray for me, I am positive that I will ultimately have victory, because the word says so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book of Proverbs is one of my favorite books and I view it as ethics rather than rules :)

Sandy said...

I so agree. Proverbs just has alot of wisdom that we can all learn from.