Thursday, August 16, 2007

Verse of the Day

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Sometimes life can just be so distracting. Sometimes I find myself losing perspective (i.e. not keeping God where He needs to be-which is #1). The "busyness" (not business) of life can just take control of you if you let it. However, I am always praying that God will just take me to that place where I can be with Him. I really lean to the Spirit sometimes to just keep me there. I do know that one day with Him would be better than thousands of lifetimes anywhere else, and that a doorkeeper for His house would be better than all the riches in the world. I just have to sometimes give myself a kick in the butt to keep my God perspective.

No comments: