Monday, August 20, 2007

Verse of the Day

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Galatians 5:22-23

Being a born again Christian truly means to try to live a life that is like Christ. That, of course, is very hard. However, I am constantly trying to learn how to live my life by reading the word (specifically I focus on the New Testament because that is where the teachings of Jesus are derived from). The guidelines truly make me a better person, but sometimes I have to really struggle with my attitude, etc.

The Holy Spirit can instill all the fruits of the Spirit in us if we yield our lives to Him (that means giving up control, which is very hard). I truly desire to have a gentle spirit, that portrays peace and joy and love to others. I want the question "Why are you say happy"? asked time and again. My answer can be that it is joy that comes from the Lord which gives me my happiness. This week I am personally going to reflect on these two verses and look at areas for self improvement.

No comments: