Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Verse of the Day

Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:8

This verse has 2 parts. Obviously.lol

The first part-come near to God and He will come near to you. That is so true. I have found that the more time I spend in the word and in prayer, the more time I really try to understand what God's will is for my life, the more awareness I have of Christ in me.

The second part of this verse-people just don't like to be called sinners, but let's face it, we all are sinners. Not one of us is perfect, but some of us like to think we are. I have a hard time admitting I am wrong. I know it. However, when we truly try to be like Christ, truly try to live a life that exemplifies the fruits of the Spirit, we can purify our hearts. It's a daily choice, but it helps us in our walk with the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It also serves as a remainder that we need to purify our thoughts.


Hmmm! Golf sounds interesting! I'll learn something new maybe during christmas hols! :)