Thursday, April 26, 2007

Verse of the Day

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

One of the definitions of "to follow" is below:
To accept the guidance, command, or leadership of

To follow someone really means to give up control. That is a hard thing to do. One of the things I have discovered in my spiritual growth is that the more I control my life, the more I mess it up. As a matter of fact, I am really good at screwing up my life when I am in control of it. However, it took me a long time, a lot of heartache and tears, and some very painful steps before I actually came to my senses and gave God control of my life. I am not saying that I don't struggle with that (daily, I have the struggle), but everyday I try to remember to pray in the am that today my life is Yours, Lord, I surrender my day and my thoughts to You. By making it a daily ritual, filled with sincere meaning, I have experienced spiritual growth. Giving up control may seem difficult, but once it's done you will wonder "why did I takes so long?".

No comments: