Friday, October 12, 2007

Verse of the Day

But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away 2 Corinthians 3:16

Oftentimes we put on a facade. A happy face. The world expects us to be "fine". When someone asks "How are you today" they oftentimes don't really want to know. With the exception of close friends or close family members, they really just don't care.

I find it comforting to know that no matter what, no matter how I feel or what I am going through, I can go to the Lord. He knows what I am going through before I even tell Him, He is just waiting for me to talk it out with Him. How it brings me a peace to know that I always have a friend who will see me like and I am and still love and accept me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so easily visible when people ask you fake "how are you".



My preparations for the exams is going good, but for the weekend I'll take a break :)

Happy weekend to you!

Calista*Was*Here said...

We are fakes then!
We all ask "how are you" and maybe not ready to hear 'all story'.

You have great hope and that is good for you.
God gave you that gift.

Calista*Was*Here said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

I love that verse and all that follows I love this blog! What everyone needs the Good News...

Shalom

M.A.C. said...

My experience 9 times out of 10 of when someone asks me how I am doing is that they just want to share something about themselves with me.

So whenever I'm asked I will say something like; I'm blessed and highly favored or tell them a story of how I actually am doing most run away before I finish even though they asked the question.

Living consciously can set us free of these types of misnomers in communication.