Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Verse of the Day

Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and delight. Psalm 43:3-4

It's fall. I have been away for a bit. Traveling for work, then for vacation. Sometimes life is way too hectic.lol

The vacation was nice. I saw family for a couple of days, and I was at a good friend's wedding. Like all weddings, the bride was beautiful. It was really a good time. They were happy, the friends were happy, the family was happy. It was a good day.

The one thing that struck me was that the divorce rate is so high today in America. Not sure about other countries, but it's high in America. I was talking to another friend at the wedding, and she and her husband of 11+ years are having problems. Serious problems. I reflected some on my marraige, and then on my divorce. The one thing I realized is that sometimes we try to find happiness in other people. No one can make us happy. Happiness in and of itself is fleeting. True joy is everlasting, and true joy can only come from our relationship with the Lord. Surrendering to Him, to the Holy Spirit, and really striving to live a Christ like life. More and more I realize the importance of having the focus of my life be the Lord.

3 comments:

Calista*Was*Here said...

Light form God, we all need it.
Guidance and wisdom. Health and wealth. We need all that.
And someone to share it.

God created us dependable. So, let's look at the true source of light, wisdom, health, wealth, sharing, relationships...

Only God can heal the damage we have done to ourselves. Only God can put everything in order.

When irrational things happen and we search for the answers...

"What He tears down cannot be rebuilt; the man He imprisons cannot be released. To Him belongs strength and victory; both deceived and deceiver are His."

(Job, 13)

When irrational things happen, only we can do is to rely on God's mercy and have hope that He would get us out of infliction.
Because God keeps everyone for special purpose and God is merciful.This is our only hope.

Cool vacation,
bye!

Anonymous said...

I'm still young(but too young!) to talk about marriage right now, but I feel that setting Christ as the base of any marriage(and not race, designation, wealth).




My exams are on it's way! It's starting on 17th November(gulp!)


Happy traveling to you :)

Sandy said...

@ both Calista and Joel...u are both so right. Some things people are too stubborn to see until it's too late, though.