Friday, March 16, 2007

Verse of the day

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

My post a couple days ago had more verses from this chapter, and I wanted to continue with more about love, and how important it is to God that we open our hearts to love one another. Note that verse 2 basically states that if "I do not have love, I am nothing". Love comes from God, and he expects us to love one another as Christ loved us.

No comments: